Is an Advantek Rabbit Hutch right for you and your bunny?
The last thing you want is to buy a rabbit hutch and find it is not suitable for your pet. You need it to be safe and warm, solid and secure. Rabbits need to have a sanctuary that they feel comfortable in, and to which they can return when feeling threatened. They are vulnerable animals for which we need to provide good housing.
Read these Advantek Rabbit Hutch reviews to determine whether these are the right hutches for you!
Advantek The Stilt House Rabbit Hutch
The Advantek Stilt House rabbit hutch is one of the most popular Advantek hutches. Like most (if not all) hutches, it comes in a flat pack ready for you to assemble. This process is very easy and can be completed simply with a screw driver or power drill.
The bedding area of this hutch is raised off the ground (hence, why it is called a stilt house) to afford your rabbit greater protection. We often have the neighborhood cats prowling around our hutches, so it is nice to know they can escape up top and wait for them to move on.
The hutch looks great and can be used as an inside home for your bunnies as well. It is reasonably small and so is not suitable for breeds like Flemish Giants or French Lops – unless they have a large added run to the hutch. Smaller rabbit breeds, like Netherland Dwarfs or Mini Rex’s, fit perfectly into this hutch.
You are also able to use this hutch for other small animals like small chickens, guinea pigs, ferrets, and so on.
The hutch is made from Cyprus fir grown in sustainable forests, and is naturally insect and rot resistant. The wire netting, and all other metal hardware, is galvanized to prevent rusting. The waterproof asphalt roof (non-toxic) is strong and durable, and actually serves to help insulate the bedding box beneath, keeping your bunny warm and toasty.
Pros of the Advantek Stilt House
Here are some of the benefits of this hutch:
- Plenty of room for a rabbit to stretch out and play
- Small (though not tiny) if you don’t have a large amount of space
- A pull-out tray to assist with cleaning and replacing rabbit bedding material
- Small access door to the top of the hutch to put bunny in and out
- Ramp for bunny to go up and down
- Little window for bunny to keep an eye on things
- Easily customizable for the handy person
- Quick to set up
- Great price
Cons of the Advantek Stilt House
Some disadvantages of this hutch include:
- The size is not good for large rabbit breeds – they need a bit more space, especially if there is no added run
- If you live in an exposed area with high winds and harsh weather this hutch would be better kept under a porch or in a garage
- It is made from a soft wood that your bunny may chew through and make a mess of over time – as long as your bunny has a larger area to spend time in as well, they will be less likely to chew out of frustration
CLICK HERE: For Price, Dimensions & More Customer Reviews
The Advantek Loft Rabbit Hutch
The Advantek Loft Rabbit Hutch is another popular option for rabbit housing. It is a basic two story hutch with a bedding box up top. This type of hutch is great for locking your furry friend away in at nights, or when you go out, or when there are too many little children around! Your bunny will also need a larger area to run and hop and leap and spin.
What I like about this hutch is the double doors at the bottom. I have a hutch almost identical to this one, it just doesn’t have the double doors. I usually have a tray of rabbit pellets up near the top of the ramp and every now and again my bunny knocks it down. Mine doesn’t have the door at the bottom of the ramp so I practically have to break my arm reaching around to get the tray from the bottom of the ramp!
Like the Stilt House above, the loft hutch is made of Cyprus fir and is insect repellent and rot resistant. The hardware and wire netting is galvanized to prevent rust from beginning.
It is best to keep this type of hutch up against a wall, or to use another method to keep it sturdy. I had the perfect area for my hutch where I could trap it in place with some bricks – it wasn’t going anywhere! Because of its dimensions, this hutch is prone to toppling in the wind if it is in an exposed area, so keep that in mind before buying.
Pros of the Advantek Loft Rabbit Hutch
Here are the reasons you should consider this hutch:
- Great hutch for the price
- Quick and easy to put together
- Removable tray for easy cleaning
- Great access doors
- Height 36 inches x width 41 inches x depth 15.5 inches
Cons of the Advantek Loft Rabbit Hutch
Some of the disadvantages include:
- Flimsier than the more expensive hardwood hutches
- Won’t last forever in a harsh climate
- Prone to being blown over in the wind if not secured
- Too small for large breeds of rabbits
- No room for running or stretching (needs to be used in conjunction with a run)
CLICK HERE: For Full Reviews & Pricing Information
Advantek White Picket Fence Rabbit Hutch
The Advantek White Picket Fence Rabbit Hutch is another popular housing option for rabbits. This cute little hutch has a larger inside area with a porch and a covered run. Made to look like a small house with a front yard and white picket fence, your bunny will feel right at home. This hutch can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Access to the inside of the hutch is either through the front door (after lifting up the run cover), or better yet, one side of the entire roof lifts up. There is also a tray that pulls out from the bottom of the hutch to make cleaning easier. The hutch has two windows covered with wire which may need covered in the winter to keep bunny warm.
The front yard measures 32 inches high x 27 inches wide x 18 inches deep, while the house measures 22 inches high x 27 inches wide x 18 inches deep. This hutch could fit two small rabbits or one larger rabbit. However, unless I had a much larger rabbit run to let 2 rabbits out into, I would only keep 1 rabbit in this hutch.
Pros of the White Picket Fence Hutch
- Easily assembled with a screwdriver or power driver
- Easy to clean
- Looks great
- Made from insect and rot resistant fir
- Galvanized hardware to prevent rust
- Good for guinea pigs as well
Cons of the White Picket Fence Hutch
- It is a small hutch
- The wood is soft and a frustrated rabbit can nibble away at it quite easily (though this is the nature of rabbits!)
- It is a cheap rabbit hutch that could be considered a bit flimsy
SEE HERE: For More Reviews & Pricing Information
What Is The Best Advantek Rabbit Hutch?
In our opinion, the Advantek The Stilt House Rabbit Hutch is the best Advantek hutch. It presents the best features at the best price. The Stilt House has the biggest outside area, with the rabbit able to run about underneath the bedding area. It has the most room for a rabbit to stretch out. The housing area is also raised up off the ground for better protection against some predators.
The price is very good, delivering maximum benefits at very low cost. While the other two Advantek hutches have things going for them, the Stilt House has more pros and fewer cons.
CHECK: How Much Does The Advantek Stilt Rabbit House Cost?
(Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.)